Become a WDI Sponsor
The WDI is a 501(c)3 non-profit, and we are proud that approximately 80% of our annual revenue comes from donations by individuals, universities, and foundations. University sponsorship not only provides funds that help us continue our amazing programming, they allow colleges to advertise their program and can create unique bonds between students and the WDI.
Your donation shows your team’s commitment to providing rich opportunities for students and sponsorship indicates your partnership with the WDI as a force to improve high school and college debate.
Your donation will:
- Provide opportunities for high school students to attend camp, especially low-income students who rely on our free tuition and travel stipends. We know camp helps debaters improve their skills and strengthen their bonds to one another. Our institute also offers great mentorship opportunities with collegiate scholars, staff, and instructors, which will help students succeed in all aspects of life.
- Develop collegiate scholars. The institute trains college students in applied research skills. This year, our focus is developing best practices for “equity, inclusion and cultivating a more welcoming, open debate community.” Your students may also be interested in applying!
- Support our anti-harassment and anti-bullying programming. We have developed robust trainings for high school and college students. Studies show that most women and LGBT youth will experience sexual harassment. The majority of BIPOC youth report hearing racist comments on college campuses. Things need to change! Beginning this summer, we will be offering this programming to college camps. If you are interested, please email WomensDebateInstitute@gmail.com.
Programs that are able to commit to the full annual sponsorship of $500 will also receive:
- Promotion through the WDI website and camp materials. Programs can submit up to 100 words describing their team and can include a logo and/or relevant weblinks. This information will be available online for the year of sponsorship and will remain accessible under “past sponsors” if a program decides not to renew their sponsorship.
- Targeted support for collegiate scholars or potential incoming students to your program. If you are interested, as part of your sponsorship we will try to match your team with a student who lives in your region or is considering attending your school.
Our University Sponsors
Thank you to our generous university sponsors who continue to support WDI’s mission to empower young people to discover and use their unique voices.
Become a Women’s Debate Institute sponsor today
You Can Always Reach Us